Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Paradox Development Studio announced a release date for Victoria 3.
Victoria 3 is launching on October 25th for Windows PC, Linux, and Mac via Steam and the Microsoft Store. The grand strategy game will also be available on Xbox Game Pass for PC.
Fans will be able to pick up the game in a standard or a “Grand” edition, the latter includes the game plus an “Expansion I”, the “American Buildings Pack” day one unlock, the “Immersion Pack,” and the “Radio Pack.” Pre-orders will also net you remastered music from Victoria 2.
Here’s some new trailers for pre-order content and the remastered music:
Here’s a rundown on the May 2021-announced game:
SHAPE A GRAND TOMORROW
Paradox Development Studio invites you to build your ideal society in the tumult of the exciting and transformative 19th century. Balance the competing interests in your society and earn your place in the sun in Victoria 3, one of the most anticipated games in Paradox’s history.
THE ULTIMATE SOCIETY SIMULATOR
- Lead dozens of world nations from 1836-1936. Agrarian or Industrial, Traditional or Radical, Peaceful or Expansionist… the choice is yours.
- Detailed population groups with their own economic needs and political desires.
- Reform your government and constitution to take advantage of new social innovations, or preserve the stability of your nation by holding fast to tradition in the face of revolutionaries.
- Research transformative new technology or ideas to improve your national situation.
DEEP ECONOMIC SYSTEM
- Expand your industry to take advantage of lucrative goods, taxing the profits to improve national prosperity.
- Import cheap raw materials to cover your basic needs while finding new markets for your finished goods.
- Secure vital goods to fuel your advanced economy and control the fate of empires.
- Balance employing available labor force with the needs for new types of workers.
PLAY ON A GRAND STAGE
- Use your diplomatic wiles to weave a tangled global web of pacts, relations, alliances, and rivalries to secure your diplomatic position on the world stage.
- Employ threats, military prowess and bluffs to persuade enemies to back down in conflicts.
- Increase your economic and military strength at the expense of rivals.
- Accumulate prestige and the respect of your rivals as you build an industrial giant at home or an empire abroad.