Suikoden I&II HD Remaster has been announced by Konami during the Tokyo Game Show, and the games are set to be released in 2023. The confirmed platforms for Suikoden I&II HD Remaster are PC via Steam, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. The games should be playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S as well. You can check out the reveal trailer below which shows remastered gameplay, including exploration and battles.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
Konami has also detailed the improvements players will see over the original releases.
- Pixel sprites and environment art enhanced with new screen effects including lighting, clouds, and shadow animations Flickering flames, smoldering smoke, the movement of leaves and insects, all add up to a lively in-game atmosphere!
- The effects and direction have been redesigned, bringing memorable scenes back to life in more beautiful ways!
- All character portraits have been updated in HD. Junko Kawano, who designed the characters for the original version of Suikoden released in 1995, has newly re-drawn all the character portraits for Suikoden I HD Remaster Gate Rune War.
- Field Sound – A large number of environmental sounds not found in the original version, such as the sound of running water in the river, wind, insects, and running footsteps, have been added. You can enjoy an immersive experience like never before!
- Battle Sound – All sound effects are now in HD. In addition to the impact of the 3D effects, the realistic sound greatly enhances the dynamism of the battles!
- Many new features have been added, such as dialogue log, auto-battle, double-speed battles, etc.
Suikoden was first released in 1995 for the original PlayStation and then re-released on the Sega Saturn and PC in 1998. The follow up, Suikoden II, was released on PlayStation in 1998 then on PC in 2003. There have been three other main series follow ups, though remasters of those have not been confirmed. There hav also been a number of spin offs including Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden Tierkreis.
Source: Press Release
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –