Humble Games have announced the release date for their retro-inspired FPS, Prodeus.
Prodeus entered Early Access in November 2020, and will be getting a full release on September 23rd for Windows PC, Mac (both via GOG, Steam, and Humble Games Store), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series XIS.
Prodeus is a throwback to classic shooters of old using modern rendering techniques and technology. Use an arsenal of high-tech firearms to slaughter hordes of demons, all while listening to a dynamic metal soundtrack.
Prodeus also features competitive multiplayer modes inspired by the glory days of PC shooters, and built-in level editors so players can easily create and share new maps with the community.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Prodeus is a first-person shooter of old, re-imagined using modern rendering techniques. It reaches the quality you expect from a AAA experience while adhering to some of the aesthetic technical limits of older hardware.
The game features a hand-crafted campaign from industry FPS veterans, a fully-integrated level editor, and a built-in community map browser for instantaneous action with nearly limitless levels to play.
Get ready to paint the walls red. This is the Boomer Shooter you’ve been waiting for.
Our Art Style:
- An aesthetic mix of high-quality 3D art and retro rendering techniques
- Over the top visual effects (Explosions! Blood! Gore! Oh My!)
- Infinite blood and a satisfyingly gory dismemberment system
- Visceral and engaging combat scenarios
- Heavy-duty weaponry
- Dynamic heavy metal soundtrack from Andrew Hulshult
- A multitude of secrets to discover
- Built-in community map browser
- Advanced but easy to use level editor
- Tons of difficulty and game modes with online high score support
Prodeus is being developed by Michael Voeller and Jason Mojica of Bounding Box Software who have a combined 25 years FPS development experience, along with talented freelance artists and designers.