Team17 have announced the release date of Batora: Lost Haven alongside a free demo on Steam.
Batora: Lost Haven will release on October 20th for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series XIS, with a Nintendo Switch version coming later. You can check out the free demo on Steam until September 19th.
Batora: Lost Haven follows Avril, a brash teenager that has been granted the ancient powers of the Sun and Moon to prevent the destruction of Earth. Explore alien worlds and make tough moral choices as you seek to stop the destruction of Earth and restore other planets consumed by an evil power.
Avril’s powers revolve around swapping between Sun and Moon to damage enemies and solve puzzles linked to the different polarities. Sun powers follow a more melee-based warrior archetype, while the Moon is more of a ranged spellcaster. In case you missed it, we did a hands-on preview for the game here.
You can find the latest trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Batora: Lost Haven® is an interplanetary action RPG adventure with a rich, choice-driven story.
Avril never thought she’d have to step up and be a hero but after a mysterious and devastating event, her world was flipped upside down. With her homeworld on the brink of destruction, Avril has been gifted extraordinary powers and will have to journey across the universe to uncover ancient secrets and reckon with a series of life-changing decisions.
Throughout Batora: Lost Haven®, you will explore a range of unique alien planets and discover a galaxy in which morals are blurred and the line between right and wrong is mercilessly thin. As you explore, you’ll need to harness Avril’s unique abilities to perfect different combat styles and defeat deadly foes, solve intricate puzzles, and take on quests from curious alien inhabitants. Every choice you make will shape your journey and forge the way you carry out your final mission… Restoring your Lost Haven.
- ACTION-PACKED, INTERPLANETARY ADVENTURE → Join a fantastical journey across the universe to explore alien worlds, where you’ll meet a variety of unique beings, and uncover the secrets of the galaxy.
- UNIQUE POLARITY SWITCHING MECHANIC → Harness the dual powers of Sun and Moon to overcome rewarding environmental challenges and vanquish deadly enemies.
- BRANCHING STORY WITH MULTIPLE ENDINGS → Your choices decide the fate of the universe and those who inhabit it. Consider your actions and forge your path in an epic, interplanetary tale from a Writers’ Guild award winner.
- FAST-PACED, MULTI-LAYERED COMBAT → Leverage the power of your mind and body in frenetic battles against fantastical creatures and unearthly foes…
- INTRICATE PUZZLE SOLVING → Put your mind and body to the test to solve otherworldly challenges!
- RETRO SCI-FI ART STYLE → Explore colorful and diverse alien landscapes with hand-painted visuals inspired by 1950s retro science fiction.