Slipgate Ironworks have released the second big content update to Graven, but have also announced the full game has been delayed.
Graven entered Early Access for Windows PC via the Epic Games Store, GOG, and Steam in May 2021. The retro-inspired FPS/RPG hybrid was supposed to get a full release, alongside a console port, later this year. However, this full release has been delayed to an unspecified date in 2023. If you missed it, you can find an old hands-on preview we did here.
It isn’t all bad news however, as Graven also received its second big content update. This update adds 4 new side quests, a new region called The Damned Estuary, a new boss fight called The Festering Congregation, The Ballista and Writ of Subjugation weapons, new enemy behaviors, multiple difficulty settings, and much more.
You can read about the entire update here, and find a trailer for it below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
A faithful priest of the Orthogonal order, exiled unto death for a crime in defense of another, you live again in a small boat, adrift in a swamp. A stranger ferries you to solid ground and bestows upon you vague instructions, along with a mysterious staff and book. Go forth, pious priest, alleviate suffering, uncover deceptions, and smash the eldritch perversions encroaching upon reality itself.
A marriage between modern development tools and techniques with a stark late 90s aesthetic bring the action first person puzzler GRAVEN to life, featuring character designs by Chuck Jones (Duke Nukem 3d, Half-Life) and the voice talent of Stephan Weyte (Blood, Fire Emblem, Dusk) in a dark yet distinct medieval fantasy experience.
- Solve puzzles and scour lore to uncover the motives of the foul heretical sects behind the plagues and seasons undermining the land.
- Alter your environment with all that surrounds you, wielding spells and crystals to adjust as you see fit in your pursuit.
- Discover new weapons and upgrade them at blacksmiths and alchemists to customize your capability.
- Expand your horizons by returning to old stomping grounds with new abilities and seeing how far down the chasms go.
- Slay over thirty distinct enemies in an ever broadening world across numerous biomes.
- Walk the parallel path, lest you stumble into the recesses of the world, where the fog knows no light, and creatures beyond time roam free.
- Earn your peace.