Best Zamazenta Raid Counters in 2022
The Pokemon World Championships will take place in London England from August 18th to 21st. In celebration of the event, Zamazenta & Zacian will be returning to legend raids. During the event, a special World Championships 2022 Pikachu will be available. During the event, Gyarados, Metagross’, Talonflames, Gengars, and Rhyperiors will be able to learn special Charged Attacks. Additionally, Mega Slowbro and then Mega Ampharos will appear in Mega raids
The Zamazenta raid will be available from August 18th to August 31st, 2022; it will run alongside the Zacian raid. Keep an eye out, because you might encounter a shiny Zamazenta if you take down the Legendary raid. Earlier today, we covered the best Zacian and Mega Slowbro raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best Zamazenta raid counters.
Zamazenta Raid (Hero) Stats
- Zamazenta is a Fighting,-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Flying, Psychic, and Fairy-type moves.
- Zamazenta’s Raid CP is 52,195
- Zamazenta’s Base HP is 192
- Its Attack is 254 and Defense is 236
- The Base catch CP is between 2100 to 2188
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2625 to 2735
- It is Weather Boosted by Sunny weather
- Its fast moves can be Quick Attack, Metal Claw, Ice Fang, or Snarl
- Its Charged moves can be Iron Head, Moonblast, Crunch, or Close Combat
Zamazenta Raid Counters
Going into the Zamazenta Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with a high defensive stat or strong type effective attacks. Overall, Zamazenta is one of the easiest Legendary Pokemon actively in Pokemon Go to take down due to its stats and vulnerabilities. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 1 to 5 trainers; a team of 4 to 6 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 6 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Latios, or Mega Slowbro will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Flying, Psychic, or Fairy-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Bug, Rock, or Dark-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust & Brave Bird
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Drill Peck
- Honchkrow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Staraptor – Wing Attack & Brave Bird
- Ho-Oh – Extrasensory & Brave Bird
- Mega Latios – Zen Headbutt & Psychic
- Shadow Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Psystrike
- Metagross – Zen Headbutt & Psychic
- Gardevoir – Confusion/Charm & Psychic/Dazzling Gleam
- Gallade – Confusion & Psychic
- Exeggutor – Confusion & Psychic
- Alakazam – Confusion & Psychic
- Hoopa – Confusion & Psyshock
- Deoxys – Zen Headbutt & Psycho Boost
- Galarian Articuno – Confusion & Brave Bird
- Azelf – Confusion & Future Sight
- Staraptor – Gust & Brave Bird
- Tapu Lele – Confusion & Future Sight
- Rayquaza – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Tornadus – Gust & Hurricane
- Tornadus (Incarnate) – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Beheeyem – Confusion & Psychic
- Togekiss – Charm & Dazzling Gleam
- Lugia – Extrasensory & Aeroblast
- Victini – Confusion & Psychic
- Jirachi – Confusion & Psychic
- Mespirit – Confusion & Future Sight
- Granbull – Charm & Play Rough
- Jynx – Confusion & Psychic
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you grind out the Zacian Raid or Zamazenta Raid? Will you take on the Mega Slowbro Raid? If not will you be waiting for the Mega Ampharos or the Ultra Beasts (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, and Nihilego)? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.