Gaijin Entertainment have released a teaser for War Thunder‘s next update, which will introduce drones to the game.
War Thunder will be adding UAVs as a research upgrade for “light tank” class vehicles in the VI and VII ranks of the game. Commanders will be able to launch them during a battle, transferring control to them to scout the battlefield for their team.
The game will feature three UAVs when the update launches: The MQ-1 for the US, the Wing Loong 1 for China, and the Orion for the USSR/Russia. You can find a teaser for the update below:
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, from the early 20th century to the most advanced modern combat units. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 2,000 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One with Xbox Series X|S – everyone on the same server.
- Over 2,000 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 100 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
War Thunder has been available on Windows PC, Linux, Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.