Straka.studio have released a new update for Loot River, adding a new Daily Runs mode.
The Daily Runs mode is available to anyone who has beat the game at least once. Much like daily challenges in other roguelites, Loot River‘s Daily Runs allow players to compete for high scores by challenging daily dungeons with set rules, items, drops, and so on.
Completing a Daily Run grants bonuses to your main game, such as extra Charm drops in your next run.
You can find a rundown on the base game below:
Transform the world
Set in a series of procedurally generated labyrinths, Loot River is a dungeon crawling action roguelike that combines tense, real-time combat and dark fantasy settings with spatial block-shifting.
Defeat bestial abominations
Armed with the power of the Relic, players can shift the ground beneath them, sliding floating ruins together in a series of tile puzzles. As players venture through these endless catacombs, they’ll encounter beasts, lost travelers, and bosses. These cosmic grottos offer a wealth of new weapons and gear to discover, as well as unholy knowledge to unearth for permanent upgrades.
- Slide ruins of an old dungeon to defeat your foes
- Forge your path through ancient abandoned fortress
- Meet horrifying beast from alternate realities, as well as other wandering nomads
- Wake up in a parallel universe after each death – navigate through thousands of unique, yet familiar dungeons
- Defeat enemies your way – unlock many different abilities, items and weapons, each with unique look, animations, powers, and style
- Gain knowledge and experience, level up, and defeat powerful bosses
- Immerse yourself in a beautiful, hand drawn, pixel art with fluid animations, real time 3D shadows, and astonishing water simulation
Loot River is available on Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. If you missed it, you can find our review here.