Publisher Coatsink and developer Noname Studios announced Worldless, a new turn-based metroidvania game.
Worldless is launching sometime in 2023 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Worldless is set at a time where the rules of existence remain undefined. Players will explore a shapeless world of two realms, one filled with entities forming their growth and understanding, the other is the place they aspire to. This inevitably thrusts them into a war against polarities in a battle for transcendence.
In this 2D Action Adventure Platformer, players will jump, glide and dash through an indeterminate setting, uncovering its secrets and finding their place within a mind-bending reality.
Along the way are encounters with beings who believe their superiority has automatically earned them a place in the next existence. Using turn-based rules along with a unique defend and combination system that requires patience, timing, and the desire for development, your strength and capabilities will truly be put to the test.
Define the Undefined
- Uncover unimaginable possibilities – Jump, glide, and dash your way through a shapeless world in pursuit of destiny
- Blur Realities – Bask in an atmospheric, unforgettable setting that unlocks the mind
- Grow and Prosper – Upgrade your abilities through an intricate talent tree
- Ready yourself – Engage in turn-based battles, timing your combinations and defenses to perfection
- Indulgent Melodies – Connect to the realms of Worldless on a deeper level with a haunting, beautiful score
- Cherish the moment – Define the world and challenge its secrets in a mysterious narrative left open to interpretation