Mordhau has officially been announced for consoles, more than 3 years after its breakout debut on PC. The medieval melee sim will soon be available to play on PlayStation and Xbox systems, including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
A release date for these versions hasn’t been confirmed, though the brevity of the Mordhau console trailer above suggests we may get a better look soon, perhaps during Gamescom.
Mordhau launched in early 2019 and quickly became popular among fans of medieval fighting games. As someone who has poured countless hours into For Honor and Chivalry 2, it definitely ranks among the genre’s best entries.
Its brutal combat and character customisation made it an instant hit though developer Triternion would later come under fire as it was claimed the fledgling studio took a hands-off approach in dealing with Mordhau’s increasingly toxic player community. Over on the game’s subreddit, commenters on the console announcement post claim that Mordhau’s playerbase is still problematic.
Hopefully Triternion will be more vocal on this matter as we approach the console release. The studio has yet to confirm whether this version will support cross-play or if a beta test will be taking place.
Mordhau is a medieval first- and third-person multiplayer slasher. Enter a hectic battlefield of up to 80 players as a mercenary in a fictional, but realistic world, where you will get to experience the brutal and satisfying melee combat that will have you always coming back for more.
- Massive Battles – From small-scale engagements to 64-player all-out war in modes such as Frontline and Invasion.
- Cooperative and Offline Play – Fight waves of enemies alongside your friends in the cooperative Horde mode, or practice your skills offline against AI.
- Free-Form Melee and Ranged Combat – Gain complete control over your character and attacks and develop your unique style.
- In-Depth Character Customization – Sculpt your face, create your weapon from parts, and pick out individual pieces of armor to create the perfect warrior.
- Huge Arsenal of Weapons and Equipment – Take on enemies with a greatsword, rain arrows from above, or even sit back and build fortifications.
- Fight Anywhere – Experience cavalry charges, fight on ladders, and operate siege engines such as the catapult and ballista.
- Visceral and Gory Combat – Feel the impact of every blow, and send limbs flying as you wreak havoc upon your foes. (Blood and gore are optional.)
- Believable Fights – A game where fights look believable, Mordhau strikes a balance between gameplay and realism.
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –