Publisher and developer Triternion announced their brutal medieval melee game Mordhau is coming to consoles.
The melee action game is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 – though a release date wasn’t confirmed. Mordhau has been available on Windows PC via Steam. If you missed it, you can find our review here (we highly recommend it!)
Here’s a new trailer, via IGN:
Here’s a rundown on the game’s original release:
MORDHAU is a medieval first & third person multiplayer slasher. Enter a hectic battlefield of up to 64 players as a mercenary in a fictional, but realistic world, where you will get to experience the brutal and satisfying melee combat that will have you always coming back for more.
- Massive battles: From small-scale engagements to 64-player all-out war in modes such as Frontline and Battle Royale.
- Cooperative & offline play: Fight waves of enemies alongside your friends in the cooperative Horde mode, or practice your skills offline against AI.
- Free-form melee and ranged combat: Gain complete control over your character and attacks and develop your unique style.
- In-depth character customization: Sculpt your face, create your weapon from parts, and pick out individual pieces of armor to create the perfect warrior.
- Huge arsenal of weapons & equipment: Take on enemies with a greatsword, rain arrows from above, or even sit back and build fortifications.
- Fight anywhere: Experience cavalry charges, fight on ladders, and operate siege engines such as the catapult and ballista.
- Visceral and gory combat: Feel the impact of every blow, and send limbs flying as you wreak havoc upon your foes. (Blood & gore are optional)
- Believable fights: A game where fights look believable, MORDHAU strikes a balance between gameplay and realism.