We prepped up the best Kartana Raid Counters in 2022 as the Test Your Mettle Event is here. This is the second event during the Season of Light and introduces two steel Ultra Beasts and a Mega Steel type. During the event, Steel-type Pokemon will spawn in abundance. The event will also introduce the Roly-Poly Pokemon Togedemaru in Pokemon Go.
Starting on September 13th and staying til September 27th, Celesteela and Kartan will be appearing in Legendary raids. Since this is their first appearance in Legendary raids, their shiny variation will not be available. Kartana will only be available in the Northern Hemisphere while Celesteela will appear in the Southern Hemisphere. Mega Aggron will start to spawn on September 16th and be available until September 27th.
Earlier today, we covered the best Celesteela and Mega Aggron raid counters in Pokemon Go, now let’s discuss the best counters for the Kartana raid
Kartana Raid Stats
- Kartana is a Grass, Steel-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Fighting and (2x) Fire-type moves.
- Kartana’s Raid CP is 58,102
- Kartana’s Base HP is 139
- Its Attack is 323 and Defense is 182
- The Base catch CP is between 2010 to 2101
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2512 to 2626
- It is Weather Boosted by Snowy or Sunny weather
- Its Fast moves can be Air Slash or Razor Leaf
- Its Charged moves can be Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Night Slash, or Aerial Ace
Kartana Raid Counters
Going into the Kartana Raid, trainers will need a highly defensive team of Pokemon with type-effective moves. Overall, Kartana is one of the heavies hitting Ultra Beasts; it is not as much of a glass canon as Pheromosa.
Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 4 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Charizard, Mega Houndoom, or Mega Lopunny will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use either fire or fighting-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using most types of Pokemon; it is resistant to poison, normal, rock, steel, water, electric, psychic, dragon, fairy, or grass-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Charizard X/Y – Fire Spin & Blast Burn
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Darmanitan – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Moltres – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Blaziken – FIre Spin & Blast Burn
- Entei – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Mega Houndoom – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Ho-Oh – Incinerate & Sacred Fire
- Heatran – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Magmortar – Fire Spin & Fire Punch
- Arcanine – Fire Fang & Flamethrower
- Infernape – Fire Spin – Blast Burn
- Emboar – Ember & Blast Burn
- Typhlosion – Ember & Blast Burn
- Salamance – Fire Fang & Blast Burn
- Delphox – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
- Rapidash – Fire Spin & Fire Blast
- Heatmor – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Simisear – Fire Spin & Flamethrower
- Victini – Confusion & Overheat
- Flareon – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Camerupt – Ember & Overheat
- Incinerorar – Fire Fang & Fire Blast
- Ninetails – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Torkal – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Lucario – Counter & Aurasphere
- Conkeldurr – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Mega Lopunny – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Machamp – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Breloom – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Meloetta (Pirouette) – Low Kick & Close Combat
- Sirfetch’d – Counter & Close Combat
- Heracross – Counter & Close Combat
- Toxicroak – Counter & Dynamic Punch
- Sawk – Low Kick & Focus Blast
- Primeape – Counter & Close Combat
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you try to grind out the Celesteela and Kartana Raid? Or will you focus on the Mega Aggron raids coming to Pokemon Go on September 16th?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.