Best Buzzwole Raid Counters in 2022
On August 27th, the final Pokemon Go Fest event will take place. During the event, trainers will be able to raid against Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Nihilego, and Xurkitree. The event will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Trainers who have previously bought a ticket for previous events do not need to purchase another ticket; additionally, any ticket holder who already has a ticket can give a ticket for $4.99 for up to three people. Sky Forme Shaymin will also be available through a special research task.
The second Ultra Beast raid Pokemon will be Buzzwole. The Ultra Incursion will take place from 12:00 p.m to 2:00 p.m. Earlier today, we covered the best Pheromosa, Nihilego, and Xurkitree raid counters in Pokemon Go. Now let’s discuss the best Buzzwole raid counters.
Buzzwole Raid Stats
- Buzzwole is a Bug, Fighting-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Flying, Fire, Psychic, and Fairy-type moves.
- Buzzwole’s Raid CP is 54689
- Buzzwole’s Base HP is 216
- Its Attack is 236 and Defense is 196
- The Base catch CP is between 1894 to 1977
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2368 to 2472
- It is Weather Boosted by rainy or cloudy weather
- Its fast moves can be Poison Jab or Counter
- Its Charged moves can be Superpower, Power-Up Punch, lunge, Fell or Stinger
Buzzwole Raid Counters
Going into the Buzzwole Raid, trainers will need Pokemon with high defensive stats or highly effective type advantage attacks. Overall, Buzzwole is one of the easiest Legendary Ultra Beast Pokemon actively in Pokemon Go. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its glass cannon stats and its vulnerabilities. The raid can be easily completed by a team of 2 to 6 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Latios, or Mega Altaria will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Flying, Fire, Psychic, and Fairy-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using Fighting, Ground, Bug, Grass, or Dark-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Pidgeot – Gust & Brave Bird
- Charizard – Air Slash & Blast Burn
- Moltres – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Honchkrow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Staraptor – Wing Attack & Brave Bird
- Ho-Oh – Hidden Power/Incinerate & Brave Bird
- Mega Charizard Y – Air Slash & Blast Burn
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut/Confusion & Psystrike
- Mega Latios – Wing Attack & Blast Burn
- Mega Altaria – Peck & Sky Attack
- Zapdos – Thunder Shock & Drill Peck
- Lugia – Extrasensory & Aeroblast +
- Rayquaza – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Unfezant – Air Slash & Sky Attack
- Yveltal – Gust & Hurricane
- Braviary – Air Slash & Slash
- Tornadus (Incarnate Forme) – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Scyther – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
- Toucannon – Peck & Drill Peck
- Tornadus (Therian Forme) – Gust & Hurricane
- Swellow – Wing Attack & Sky Attack
- Yanmega – Wing Attack & Aerial Ace
- Togekiss – Air Slash & Aerial Ace
- Blaziken – Fire Spin & Brave Bird
- Chatot – Peck & Sky Attack
- Fearow – Peck & Sky Attack
- Deoxys – Zen Headbutt & Psycho Boost
- Reshiram – Fire Fang & Overheat
- Chandelure – Fire Spin & Overheat
- Talonflame – Peck & Brave Bird
- Oricorio – Air Slash & Hurricane
- Hoopa (Confined) – Confusion & Psychic
- Galarian Zapdos – Counter & Brave Bird
- Victini – Confusion & V-Create
- Tapu Koko – Volt Switch & Brave Bird
- Hisuian Braviary – Air Slash & Brave Bird
- Galarian Articuno – Psycho Cut & Brave Bird
- Galarian Moltres – Wing Attack & Brave Bird
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you grind out the Buzzwole Raid and the other Ultra Beast raids or will you skip Pokemon Go Fest? Remember the Zacian and Zamazenta Raids run until August 31st. If not, will you be battling against Mega Ampharos? For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
If you want to add me on Pokemon Go, my trainer code is 3979-2857-6892. If you want to be invited to a raid throughout July, follow me on Twitter at KillerKDemons.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news
Pokemon Go was developed by The Pokémon Company and is available now on iOS and Android.